How to optimize the website for voice search?
In the year 2016, internet marketing advertising researchers expected that 20% of mobile customers had already done an online voice search. The mentioned percentage got doubled in 2017 and is possible to touch 50% by the year 2020. You must have witnessed increasingly domain experts saying a lot about voice search and the effects it’ll have in your digital advertising and marketing tactics.
Voice search and SEO
If you want to rank high in the organic search results then it is important to optimize your website for search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. But what will happen if someone uses voice search and a single result appears, compared to pages and pages of results? How can your website be at the first result that a person is going to hear, rather than see? Now, it is going to be a tedious task when optimizing your website for the voice search!
When Google’s position zero matters the most
Most importantly, you will like your website to be optimized and for the zero position in Google’s search. Google position zero? A highlighted snippet block at the topmost position of Google search; the eye catchy and noticeable result that rules organic Google search, it appears just after the paid ad for the search query.
Optimizing the website for voice search
It is not assured that your website will easily be displayed at the Google position zero. However, you have to make sure that your website is following all the basic guiding principle to have that snippet in the top search engine results whenever the user performs the voice search.
Need a mobile-friendly website first
It is the need of an hour to have a mobile-friendly website. Not certain whether your website is mobile-friendly? You should try this Google test (Use this test to determine) to find out.
Some of the important aspects you should consider:
- Website responsive
- Website page load time
- Image compression and indexing
- Size of the click buttons
- Cache size of the less relevant pages of your website
Optimization of your website’s markup to achieve Google position zero
In other words, called the featured snippet, position zero can be achieved by using some best, SEO techniques, such as:
- Website page should be on a specific subject with appropriate content
- Content should answer the related queries
- Find questions to be answered with relevant and top answers
- Use proper synonyms with related terms
- Usage of trigger words like Best, How much, or How is highly recommended
- The content language should be in a conversational like humans do
- Proper use of titles and sub-titles (H1, H2, H3, H4) should be there in the content
- Title and meta description for each page should be unique and different
- Follow a good practice of including a keyword in the first sentence or the first paragraph.
Have your business listed in Google
You need you to have your business listed in “Google My Business Listing” so that it’s easy for the potential customers to search it over Google maps and provide their valuable feedback using Google reviews. A Google My Business Listing is another weapon for voice search. It will also help in improving the domain authority of your website and enable better rank in local search majorly “voice search”.